VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2011

From:
Sharon Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 09:21:32 -0400
Margie,
What book is it that you are referring to?  I am researching  my family
history and am hoping there is something out there that I have not come
across yet.

I am looking for information on John Richards, John Richards, Jr., Robert
Bird I, and Anna Bird.

 It is thought that John Richards, Jr. married Anna Bird, daughter of Robert
Bird I and Catherine Holmes.

I have only been able to go back to 1681-2 for John Richards, when he
received a land grant for 1670 acres in St. Stephen's Parish.  This land
adjoined land owned by Robert Bird in what is referred to as Dragon's Swamp.

I am hoping to find information that indicates Richards'  whereabouts prior
to this time.  I would especially like to learn when the Richards arrived in
Virginia.
I have one source that states Robert Bird was born in 1637 in New Kent
County.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Sharon Celsor-Hughes