VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2009

From:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yvonne and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:33:10 -0400
I have a tax list question that was asked to me by a friend. I cannot answer
it but I hope that someone here has more knowledge than myself (perhaps a
LVA staff member?).

Many of the counties have 2 tax lists for the years 1787 and after. However
several counties only have 1 tax list for these years. Charles City is a
county that only has 1 tax list for each year. Is there someplace that
defines how many tax lists there are for each year? Here's the question as
asked to me:

"Could it be that the land tax listings are from only one district of
Charles City Co, Va. It appears that there may be one (or two) other
district or section of CCC that is not included. Do you have any thoughts on
this?"

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve and Bunny

Binns Genealogy CD Series