VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2010

From:
Diane S Sanfilippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 22:59:59 -0500
Hi Shirley -

The Va Archives has copies of all the records from the counties... thank goodness since the Powhatan records were just lying around the courthouse for some child to pick up - draw on, etc. - some stacked under furniture in the 'attic', but the Archives saved those records to microfiche... and I tend to believe that there are 'buried' records in the basements or attics of most of the courthouses... I believe that Cumberland is intact though - did you check the Goochland records - 'mother county' of Cumberland?

Diane