VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2009

Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:22:17 -0600
Thank You Mr. Barger !!!  So many amateur genealogists today get in too big of a hurry in their respective family research to "Go BACK' generation by generation.  Sometimes published material ie all the TJ and Hemming publications has a definite possibility of being wrong.  In my research I actually found two, very credible, published  books that claimed two important facts regarding my Paternal family.  It took me two years and just about every library/historical society in KY to find the truth.  I now have hard copy proof with a copy of a will and a "personal letter".  What I am stressing is that genealogy is not as easy as it may seem - You have to get OFF your butt from behind your computer and do some digging.

Respectfully, fern
www.bufordfamilies.com