VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:05:48 -0500
My brick wall questions.  Exactly when did Robert GILMORE come to America?
Which port did he enter?  What was the name of the ship?  Did he come alone,
or with other family members, or with friends?

Robert GILMORE
- born 1780 in Ireland
- son of Archibald GILMORE and Jane (unknown surname)
- married Margaret H. BRADLEY (daughter of William BRADLEY and Elizabeth
WHITMAN) in Rockbridge County, Virginia
- marriage date sources differ - one says 1819, another one says 1849 (Yes,
both the County Clerk and I have examined the original marriage record at
the courthouse to see if the year, written on it, had been tampered with.
We concluded that it hasn't.)
- died June 1855 in Rockbridge County, Virginia

Robert GILMORE had to have come to America between 1780 (when he was born)
and 1822 (when his first child, that I've found, was born).  But, when?

Thanks for your help!
Sandy Gilmore