VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2008

From:
Steve Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:22:53 -0500
Sorry, but I feel I must add a little to this discussion.  Ancestry is like
ALL online resources, you must verify ALL information you search for.  Go to
the image in ALL cases and if one is not available go to where you may view
an original or copy of an original.  It's price is not as obscene as Paul
may elude to.  Try spending a week or two in a motel and research in a
facility.  By the time you buy fuel, pay to park meals etc.  Ancestry looks
like a great deal.  Not saying that you still won't have to go to a
facility, but it will cut down on the amount of time you may have to go.

To say LDS  is without error in some of their databases is a gross error on
your part Paul.  LDS like ALL of the data mines gets a lot of it's
information from people like all of us who do genealogy, good or bad.  In
some fashion we have all probably placed erroneous information out on the
great world wide web, knowingly and not knowingly and it gets repeated in
every database mine.

Just verify any and all information with original documents and speculate
where you must, but make note that you are doing so and user beware.

Regards,
Steve Stevens