VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

From:
Virginia Hamrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia Hamrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:56:20 -0800
This from Hening's Virginia Statutes at Large, vol. 3, p. 304, October, 1705
states:

"....all and every person male or female imported and coming into this
colony dominion free, has a right to fifty acres of land; and every
Christian servant, male or female imported after he or she becomes free, or
time of servitude is expired, has a right to fifty acres of land for his or
her importation; and every person coming into this colony, and importing a
wife or children under age, hath a right to fifty acres of land for himself,
his wife and every such child so imported...."

Virginia Hamrick
http://www.sourcescript.com