VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2001

Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:37:49 EST
Another slant on false information:

Often well-meaning and well-intentioned individuals share information that
they BELIEVE to be true, when it is not.

For several years, I believed that my ancestor was one of two immigrant
brothers.  That information had been given me by someone else. Everyone
researching this family seemed to have the same info. Then last November, I
began doing my own research on the family, only to discover information which
caused me to realize that I was descended from the OTHER brother.

I even found the erroneous information posted on the LDS site.  Not on
purpose, but the person who posted it believed it was true.

Don't believe anything that is not documented.

Larry in TX