VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2008

Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:31:38 EST

____________________________________

Paul and others,
I was interested in the guardianship lookups that were going on a month  or
so ago but did not think I needed any information until recently. In  reviewing
my source documentation with a cousin it was mentioned that since  the
mother, Sarah/Sally Leach was listed as the head of house hold in the  Frederick
County 1830 census, that there would be guardianship papers around  because in
those days they didn't just give the kids to the mother!? Is this  true? Even
though I don't think her husband was dead yet since in 1832 another  son was
born and on his 1855 marriage record his listed his parent as Elijah  Leach. Can
anyone shed some light on the subject?
Thanks,
Stan Leach

 Start the year off right. _Easy ways to stay in shape_
(http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489)  in the new year.