VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 13:01:39 EST
This about the tax on email is absoultely no HOAX< SCAM etc. If you had read
it you would see that the information came directly off of the New York Times
pages. And the one today about the Congress not extending and making
permanent  (see below)  came from a conservative on line newspaper that I am sure you
must not have heard of called The Federalist. You need to subscribe to it to
keep informed.: READ BELOW AGAIN. This went on in YOUR Congress and liberal
media kept it hidden.
You owe me an apology. I got the bit from the Wall Street Journal and that is
not a scam or hoax paper.

Congress will not get a chance to extend the Internet Tax Freedom Act before
it expires today(Oct 31), because Republicans Lamar Alexander and George
Voinovich are holding the legislation in limbo -- fodder for some other legislative
wink-and-nod shenanigans. The Act is a moratorium on Internet access
taxation, and double taxation of Web purchases.