VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2012

From:
Hist Doc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:47:20 -0500
Alice,

While the names given the three hollows in the book are fictitious, Audrey Horning points to the author's intention in this : www.nps.gov/shen/historyculture/mtnsettlement.htm<about:blank>

As a person who has ancestors from all those hollows, I can only say .... well this may be an inappropriate place to say it!  It seems the government's justification for ruining the lives of so many people was overly zealous IMO.  Thankfully, Horning's work wipes some of dirt from their faces.

R. Burnett Jenkins