VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

From:
Edward Gaynor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:57:26 -0400
On behalf of a colleague:

Special Collections of the University of Virginia Library holds an 1861
diary of Sgt. Harrison B. Jones of Co. H, 33rd Virginia. We are currently
blogging the diary at:

 http://harrisonbjonescivilwardiary.blogspot.com/

The diary was transcribed by volunteer Mary Dawson Edwards and was reviewed
by retired National Parks Historian Robert Krick who offered occasional
commentary. This is the first of our collection of Civil War diaries which
we intend making available on the web.

Sincerely,

Ann Southwell
Manuscripts Cataloger