VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:33:23 EDT
I have been a member of Ancestry.com for over 5 years and personally I have
always gotten my money's worth.

As for the SSDI (Soc. Sec. Death Index) only those whose survivor  filed for
the burial benefit payment show up on the index.  If your ancestor worked for
the railroad, then it is possible they will not be in the index.  My father
worked for the railroad and mother failed to request the burial benefit
payment therefore he is not listed within the index;  however, my
father-in-law who also worked for the railroad is listed because my
mother-in-law filed for and received the burial benefit.

Pat C. Johns in Va.