VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2011

From:
Sally Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:22:08 -0800
Suzann,

I'm curious.  My great-grandfather "passed" from mulatto to white.  I was completely unaware of this blip in my racial background until a few years ago.  Now I find in trying to understand and write about this aspect of the family history that it is probably impossible for me to appreciate the thoughts and feelings and actions of my mulatto family.

I don't know if my problem falls into the area of your interest.  If it does, know that my personal computer is down and I check in at the library every couple of days.  I hope to be back on line on my own computer soon.

Sally Phillips