VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2001

From:
Ann Avery Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:36:22 -0400
Sidney wrote:

> Our time is limited, so we are trying to do all of the homework in advance, I
> really don't want to spend research time looking for buildings or where
> materials are located.

Go to the following URL on the Library of Virginia's site, and you will
see what vital statistics are available on microfilm there:

         http://www.lva.lib.va.us/pubserv/vital_records.htm

Anything later than this has to be requested from the Bureau of Vital
Statistics, and they are very strict about releasing them. You need to
be the individual whose record you are requesting, a spouse, or a child.

The following page will give you information about directions, hours of
operation, etc.for the Library of Virginia at 800 E. Broad St.:

         http://www.lva.lib.va.us/about/location.htm

Ann
--
Ann Avery Hunter