VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:50:58 EST
I am trying to find any info on Edy Ann Cooper.She was either the daughter or
daughter-in-law of Nathan & Patsey Hartless Cooper.She appears to be on the
1840 census with Patsey.

She had the following
children..........................................................................
I think she may have died in child birth with Sarah C in 1853

Jeremiah J Cooper/Duff 1844
James Henry Cooper/Duff 1846
Patsey Jane Cooper 1847
Sarah C Cooper 1853

The boys changed thier names to Duff when they moved to Rockbridge Co in
1880.The girls both married using the Cooper name.

I don't know who the father was.Some say it was Aldridge  but he was married
a Nancy in Botetourt with children in 1850.On the children's marriage records
it lists father unknown and mother Edy Ann Cooper.She may have been a Cooper
or may have married one of the five boys of Patsey Cooper.We have the wives of
all the sons, but it is still possible one of them could be the father.

Does anyone know of a daughter to Patsey and Nathan Cooper?Or all of the
children?
Some said that Edy may have been a Duff instead of a Cooper.We have nothng to
go but the marriage records of the children.I think Nathan was dec. by
1838.The four children were living with Patsey in the 1860 census.I can't find any
of the Coopers in 1850 census.Also can't find but two Duffs and I know there
should be more.

Thanks for any help.

Jackie Troilo