VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2003

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:24:18 EST
Fellow Virginia Researchers:

A researcher of Eastern Shore families descends from a Henry Blair who died
about 1720/21 in Northampton Virginia.  In his will he mentions a debt owed
to Dr. Archibald Blair, who I assume is probably the fellow of that name in
Williamsburg whose daughter Elizabeth married John Bolling,etc., and whose
brother James Blair was important in the founding of William & Mary College.

Having looked at Blairs who came down the Wagon Road from PA to NC and East
Tennessee (Washington Co.) , I am aware there is a detailed newsletter for
Blair researchers.   In online accounts of Dr.Archibald Blair, a number of
brothers are mentioned, but I haven't seen a Henry in conjunction with the
family.

Henry Blair's will abstract follows.  I am interested in any thoughts any of
you might have on how this Henry Blair fits into the family of Archibald and
James Blair of Williamsburg.

Thanks in advance,
Janet (Baugh) Hunter   (FYI, I believe that Archibald Blair and then the
Bolling connection was the inspiraion for the naming of my 2g grandfather
Archibald Bolling Baugh, whose father John grew to manhood on a plantation
across the Ashen Swamp on the Appomattox from Cobbs, and whose Baugh cousins
until the 1750s owned land adjacent to Cobbs on the west, sold land to the
Bollings in 1753, that became part of what is commonly referred to as the
Bollings' Cobbs.