VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2015

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2015 09:40:57 -0500
First I want to state, i made an error in  my initial writings,

I believe however you are correct that by law if she was entitled to 1/3 of
 the estate then that was more then he left her.

I went back and re-read the will and was that he had left the wife a few
slaves and that was it.

while he left most everything else to another woman _ no  relationship is
mentioned in the will ......

however it is a substantial amount of property.............in north
carolina

so I guess you are correct she- the wife would have received more from  the
law, then from the will.

and weird that someone owning as much property as he, (could he  have
inherited it?) and he had to be young if people had to vouch he was over  21?

thank you all for your input, it has been very helpful

kristina

In a message dated 1/6/2015 8:47:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,