VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2010

From:
"Mary M. Winn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 10:23:22 EDT
I agree with this statement. I had two aunts (one on each side) who did
major research in the early part of the 1900's - both before 1960.  I
inherited boxes and boxes of letters, lists of "the 17 children of...." on the
back of envelopes, etc. They worked very hard and had many will's and other
valid information and usually said "unsubstantiated" when they weren't sure.
However, I certainly put these lists into my Family Tree Maker software.
They  are clues! I always list where I got the information so I know if it was
a  Family Bible that no longer exsists or a letter from "aunt Lora", but I
would  lose lots of good information if I required substantiation for every
name.
Mary Winn

In a message dated 5/17/2010 8:14:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,