VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:32:23 -0400
I know what you mean by interesting characters in ones tree.  Take my
Huffstutler family.  My grandfather was married 3 time, the first to a
woman who later married in 1946 to a Robert Lee Perrin.  The same person
that Jim Garrison of the Warren Commission hearing concerning the President
J.F.K. assassinations suspected as being the person in the grassy knoll who
fired the fatal shot.  He believed that Perrin's suicide death in 1962 was
faked (that one is still out as there are physical discrepancies on autopsy
report and lived to fire that shot as he was mixed up with Jack Ruby and
ran guns to Cuba.

Another colorful character is a Huffstutler great.... grandmother Elizabeth
Roberts married one of the notorious Harp Brothers - America's first and
most brutal serial killers.  After he was caught and hung and the women
escaped jail time, she remarried to John Huffstutler.

Eric S. Huffstutler
Richmond, VA