VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

From:
Jerry Lusk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:47:28 -0400
Ever since 9/11 both governments and businesses have grossly overreacted to security concerns.  Next time you're driving on I-95 in south Richmond take a look at the beautiful tall iron fence surrounding the Philip Morris USA plant just north of the Bells Road exit!  I'm just glad I never did find out what that fence cost per foot but I guarantee it was not the least bit cheap.
Anyway, more to your point, you do not want to lose or have your driver's license suspended either.  My brother lost his on a reckless driving conviction and I had to apply for a certified copy of his birth certificate in order for him to apply for a new driver's license once he was eligible to get his back after the suspension.  The fact that it was a legitimate license when it was suspended did not matter a bit when he tried to get it back!
Jerry Lusk
Richmond, VA