VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2001

From:
Patte Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patte Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:01:55 -0500
>Date:    Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:59:20 -0500
>From:    June or Al Cottrell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Povall Carter
>
>Povall Carter II was the son of Daniel Carter of Powhatan County will of
>1798.
>He married Martha Davis in Powhatan but moved to Prince Edward County
>about 1801 where he died about 1838.
>
>Povall Carter I died in Henrico County in 1761.  His  widow, Amy, died
>in Prince Edward County in 1801. His daughter, Mary, was married to
>Towson Wilkerson and they had sons John, Nathaniel and Thomas and
>possibly others.  Towson sold his property in Prince Edward about 1800
>and 1801 and left the County.  Where did he go?  I have been unable to
>build a bridge from Povall I to Povall II.  Any help appreciated.

June and other Carter/Davis researchers.

I have a Mary Davis, dtr of William Spencer Davis and Martha White Venable
who married a James B. Carter 1832 in Pr. Edward. I don't have siblings or
parents for James B. Carter.

I have James Carter's death listed as in Carroll County, VA.
Mary had a brother named Robert Venable Davis who married Lucy Jane
Patterson 1837 in Pr. Edward.  Two of his sons, Watkins Spencer Davis and
Samuel Henry Davis went to Kentucky...in a letter to the family Robert
Davis wrote.. moved to Morganfield, Union Co. KY at an early age.

My line has Davis is both Powhatan County and Pr. Edward County.

Patte Wood