VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2009

Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:45:36 -0800
I have found a Carrick that is earlier than those of VA. I pasted the link below. As for
the Karricks of Virginia and Maryland I am confident that all 3 various names are of
the same family being Edward Karrick the original to come to Va but not America as
once thought? Robert J Karrick of Lyndhurst Ohio who studied the 3 main lines for
50 years felt that the order of surname spelling was: Carrick to Kerrick to Karrick.
Carrick = from Carrick Co Ayrshire Scotland. Earl of Carrick, Duncan. 1250
Kerrick = when migration to England and Ireland in 1400's
Karrick = some reverted to Karrick in Ireland and Scotland and USA

I anyone has any information of those of VA and or Maryland of 1600's to 1800
I would appreciate it.
Thank you.
M.K

I went through every volume and looked only for CA KA KErrick names only....
But this gives proof Carrick was in Connecticut between 1636 and 1776. This is the
earliest record I have on either 3 surnames.

Volume 7: May 1726 - October 1735
William Carrick, busted for counterfieting. 1724 Public Record pg.84 Vol 7.

http://www.colonialct.uconn.edu/ViewPageByPageNew.cfm?ID=615&Volume=7&Master=158&Letter=C&v=07&p=84&c=4

http://www.colonialct.uconn.edu/default.cfm