VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2005

From:
Julie Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:02:53 -0400
Reading the correspondence on names sent to the list and the reply by Paul
Drake was very interesting.  My Smith family was in Virginia before going to
Kentucky in 1811.  The children of John R. and Lucy Chewning Smith had very
strange names; none of the names appear to have been family names.  I hope
that perhaps you can shed some light on where the names may have come
from...

Children of John R. and Lucy Chewning Smith:

1.  Abelard Temple Smith
2.  Weston Augustine Smith
3.  Whitfield J. Smith
4.  Harley Taliaferro Smith
5.  Perrygoyne Madison Smith
6.  Lucy Emily Smith
7.  John Absalom Waller Smith
8.  Benjamin Sampson Smith

I would certainly appreciate any thoughts you might have on from where these
unusual names might have come.

Thanks!
Julie