VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2007

From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:59:21 -0500
As a Jefferson Family Historian who assisted Dr. Foster with the Jefferson-Hemings DNA Study (www.angelfire.com/va/TJTruth and www.tjheritage.org), I was also requested to assist National Geographic to participate in their five year study of early DNA sources. New Jefferson DNA was used and the conclusion was that the Jefferson DNA matched the early Phoenicians, known as the Caanites in the Bible whose lands are now Syria and Lebanon. I don't recall any Jefferson-Jewish connections identified as such.

These results were revealed in the National Geographic TV Special, "The Search for Adam", shown nationally on June 24, 2005, on the National Geographic Network Channel. More research is continuing.

Herb Barger
Jefferson Family Historian