VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2006

From:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 09:34:47 -0400
I'm in total agreement with you, Mike.

If we break down the Core hours Patron Utilization into five days, we find
that the Core Patron Utilization is 15.6% per day. This is not that much
higher than the Night Patron Utilization of 13%. With a couple more patrons,
the Weekend Patron Utilization of 9% would be right in there as well. Other
things considered, this does not seem to support "their theory" that patron
utilization is low during the night and weekend hours.

Was any thought given to finding out "why" no Records were pulled during the
night or weekend hours? Was it a lack of help? Was it because there were a
different type of researcher or research being done during those hours? Was
there something that made it prohibitive to get the records pulled?

Was consideration given that if they closed on Monday patron utilization
might go up during Night and Weekend hours?

Overall, it seems like a lot to give up for a very small gain and a
disservice to those patrons that will now be excluded simply because they
can't be there during Core Hours.

Tom
Royalty to Rogues
http://www.l-dunaway.net/