VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2006

From:
Kitty Manscill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty Manscill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 21:47:42 -0400
Years ago my original birth certificate was lost; so I got a replacement
which was a white on black photo copy of the original.  This was misplaced;
so two years ago I ordered a new one from Richmond.  They had computerized
records; so what I got was someone's data entry .  My mother's name was
misspelled.  I sent it back, and got it corrected.
My father was buried in a National Cemetery; when the stone was installed,
the date was wrong.  It has since been changed, but on the web page for
National Cemeteries, it is still wrong.
Kitty