VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2012

From:
Gale Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:16:06 -0600
Good morning Sam,

I thank you for the descendants of this Taylor family for buying the book at the auction. I know others do this too. They buy pictures and Bibles and other treasurers and try to find the owners.

I am sure by now you have seen the message from the LVA wanting you to send them a copy of the pages rather than the actual book. I am guessing space is partly the issue here.

This is the information that was posted:

John Metz
Director of Archives, Records, and Collections
(804) 692-3607

However, if you want to really know where these people were and who they were, if you can get to Ancestry.com or if there is someone on this list who has it at home [most libraries have free access for you to search] you can do an easy search.

You have some names to enter and find. You probably should begin with the 1870 census in VA as you would get all of the children on the list. Maybe Mr. Metz can search this for you to place the family in the right county. Once you know who they and where they were, maybe the Historical Society of that county would like the actual book. Just an idea.

As we all know, part of the fun is the search!

Gale Fuller