VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2006

From:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:02:09 -0700
The discussion on this List should end, but only if people write to their Congressional representatives.  This discussion has had no where near the chain that some issues have had.  I agree that the last poster has a point.  But, since this is the only (not just current) political system we have, and since this is the kind of constituent response legislators like to receive, I strongly (again) suggest people write or email.

  Please consider writing or emailing your Congressional reps.  The National Archives depends on this sort of support.  And, I might add, this sort of "insider" information.  You are the agency's clients.  Federal agencies have become more keenly attuned to their client base.  They need to know how how YOU use the facility.  If you don't let the budget drafters know how you need to use the Archives, then the internal budget cutters will continue.  The Archives will become nothing more than a museum.

  Katie Holland
  Silver Spring, MD (a block outside DC)