VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2013

From:
Ann Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2013 06:49:06 -0700
Madaline,
According to the NARA website, if he was discharged prior to 1951 his record is considered archival and is open to the public. While the request form that is available online can only be used by the veteran or his next-of-kin, you can hire a researcher to go to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis and get the record. NARA maintains a list of researchers who work at each location. Here's the list for that location. http://www.archives.gov/research/hire-help/st-louis-military.html

Ann Gillespie