VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2005

From:
Marie McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:00:35 -0400
Hello Listers,

I am aware that many of you have published family history books. My book
will be self-published at my expense and provided to family members,
friends, and to libraries that 1) provided permission to copy and re-
present materials/documents, and 2) requested copies in lieu of payment
for those materials/documents.

I am confused and concerned regarding copyright laws and need to know if
there are specific issues I should address prior to completing my work,
and whether I should be concerned with copyrighting my own book.

Thank you,

Marie