VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2008

From:
Donal O'Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donal O'Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:11:27 -0800
I am trying to find out what that number (2) after a name means.

I ran into it on a census containing surname Williamson in the state of New
York.  enumeration John (2)

Later it turned out there was a John head of household and a son John Jr.
head of another family in the same household.

Still I cannot just assume that the (2) means two Johns in the same house.

donkelly