VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2006

From:
Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:41:05 -0700
Barbara,
Happy to have read your post. I have had the same result in a maternal line
where I thought would find some native american ancestry. The line came back
as belonging to mtdna haplogroup H3 which is European. Then we tested the y
dna and did the DNAPRint testing. My results came back with no Native
American percentage and a 7 % east asian which might be considered native
american. As far as I am considered, I am only interested in the percentages
so that I know where to go with my research. Unfortunately, the DNAPrint
test was the last test done. I feel as if I could have saved myself quite a
bit of money if I would have done this test first. My husband also tested
and his results showed 14 % Native American blood.

In my opinion, for anyone considering testing, do the DNAPrint test first.
You might not have to test further for genealogical purposes.

Linda