VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2012

From:
Mary Kinch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2012 19:10:26 -0500
Hi,
I ordered my great grand uncle's civil war full pension for $25.00 and full military paperwork for $75.00.  Yes, it is very much worth it.  Good Luck.  www.nara.gov

Mary
602-622-8333

From: Rita <[log in to unmask]>
To: VA-ROOTS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, Nov 24, 2012 4:12 pm
Subject: Re: [VA-ROOTS] military records

You might try NARA.GOV  It seems like that is where I went & I requested
a "complete" file on my ancestor.  It was a long time ago when I ordered
mine & I remember it was expensive but so worth the information.  Hope
this helps.
Rita

On 11/21/2012 8:58 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> I would like to receive full military records for 2 g.grandfathers.  This was
mentioned years ago on this list.  Cannot find the info.  Does anyone know the
steps; i.e. cost, address, request, etc., to be taken for receiving military
records from National Archives.