VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2004

From:
Westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:02:03 -0500
A person might own land or taxable personal property (slaves, carriages, or
what ever else was being taxed that year) in more than one county and be
taxed on it accordingly, however, he would only pay the poll tax (as an
adult male) in the county in which he resided at the time of the tax.

Kathy Liston