VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2004

From:
Fred Hagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred Hagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:04:47 -0400
In the 1950s a relative, now deceased, traveled from her home in
Arlington, VA to an unknown repository where she found information about
our early Virginia ancestry.  All of her documents were destroyed in a
fire and I am trying to reconstruct this research.  I don't know how
difficult travel was in the Arlington area in the 1950s.  Can someone
suggest where she would have traveled and the name of the repository she
visited (Genealogy Society, Archive, Library)? The time frame she would
have research would be pre 1787.