VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2006

Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:02:17 EST
Am looking for any info on David SPRADLING that appeared in the 1840 VA
Census in Lexington in Rockbridge, as well as the Personal Property Listing in
1841. He had been living in Albemarle in the 1830s. He was in Rockbridge  with
his Wife, Julia BECKs, Son Alex 10 and Daughter Mary, just born in  Rockbridge
(info in the 1850 VA Census where she is 10 and living with her  Aunt, David's
Sister, in Albemarle).  Perhaps David and  family were heading out West on
the James River - Kanawha Turnpike, for I  never find him again. David's Wife
and two Children, Thomas (my Great  Great Grandfather SPRADLING, if I can find
David alive in 1848  when Thomas was born) and Susan, are in Albemarle in the
1860 VA Census,  all identified as SPRADLINGs.

Thanks, Julius (Tim) Spradling