VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 14:11:03 -0600
Hello,

Does anyone have any more information on William Strother and Dorothy
Savage?  From messages I found on Strother Genforum, William Strother
was the immigrant, and he was born about 1630 in Northumberland, England

and died 4 Nov 1702, Richmond Co., VA.  He married 1651, Dorothy Savage,

born about 1635, and died before 1702 in Richmond Co., VA.  Their first
child, Joseph Strother was born about 1684.  These folks were married
over 30 years before their first child was born.  Surely that wasn't the

way it was.  Is there a generation missing here?  I would think Joseph
was their grandson and not son.

Maybe my Mary STROTHER (born about 1664)  who married John SETTLE fits
in somewhere during those 30 years.  She and her half-brother, William,
lived in Westmoreland Co.  There were Strothers also in King George Co.,

VA

If anyone has any further information on any of these folks, please let
me know.

Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, TX