VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2002

From:
westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:01:24 -0400
Thanks, Janet, for the additional info.  As I said, I was always using the
original records so the hardcore rules applied.  I remember what a shock it
was the first time I went there, totally unprepared (that was pre-internet
days), and was confronted with all the rules.  Many years and many visits
later I now know to have a real grasp on the details of what I'm looking for
before entering the research room to look at the original documents.

Like I said, have fun with it!  As Janet pointed out, the thrill of holding
the original documents far outweighs the small aggravations.

Good luck!

Kathy Liston