VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2001

From:
Chuck Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:55:48 -0500
I got a virus warning from a friend, and after checking I learned that I did have the virus.

This is a new virus--sulfnbk.exe--that is spread from address book to address book.  Norton and McAfee have not listed it yet.  Also not caught by my PC-Cillen virus protection.

It will take you a minute or two to remove it.  According to my information,my it remains dormant for about 14 days and then activates itself and raises some havoc with you hard drive data.  So please follow these directions and remove the virus.

The directions for removing are easy.

  1.. Go to "start - then to "find or search ) depending on your computer)
  2.. In the search for files or folder type in sulfnbk.exe --this is the virus.
  3.. In the "look in" make sure you are searching Drive C.
  4.. Hit "search " button (or find)
  5.. If this file show up (it's an ugly blackish icon that will have the name "sulfnbk.exe) DO NOT OPEN IT
  6.. Right click --do NOT left click -- on the file --go down to delete and left click.
  7.. It will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin, say yes.
  8.. Go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double click on the recycle bin.
  9.. Right click -- do NOT left click--on sulfnbk.exe and delete again--or just empty the recycle bin.
If you find it send this email to all in your address book, because that's how it's transferred.

Sorry for the inconvenience.