VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

From:
Vickie Elam White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 19:42:22 EDT
Basic question here -- did a person have to be an adult to be claimed
in a headright grant?  I say no, that otherwise the underage servants
and families wouldn't be claimed, but another researcher I'm
corresponding with insists that minors weren't claimed on headright
grants.

Can anyone supply me with a reference to back me up, if I am indeed
correct?

Thanks.

Vickie Elam White