VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2006

Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:03:37 EST
Good afternoon, my name is Gynger Cook and I am trying to find the connection
between Henry Clay, a mulatto, and the Chapman family (white) of the area. It
seems that Henry was not in bondage at any time, he grew up in the household
of the Chapmans. Is this Chapman family the same as the Clay/Chapmans of West
Va.? This Henry Clay was born in Madison Co. in 1838, if anyone has any
knowledge of the parentage of Henry please contact me personally, I would be most
grateful! Thank you, gynger cook