VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

From:
Wes Pippenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:47:33 -0400
Work is underway to photograph and document tombstone information for all
identified burials in Essex County.  Wesley E. Pippenger, of Little Egypt,
Tappahannock, Virginia (and Arlington, Virginia) is working with local
historian and genealogist Suzanne P. Derieux (Tappahannock), to visit each
burial location.

Thus far the team has collected burial information for over 100 private
sites as well as dozens of small area churches.  Our ongoing index to names
has exceeded 6,000 entries already!!

We need your help in bringing to our attention private cemeteries, as well
as providing contact information for us to obtain permission to visit those
sites.

Please contact me with the information below.

Wesley E. Pippenger
Secretary, Oak Hill Cemetery, Georgetown DC
Webmaster, Virginia Genealogical Society
2909-A S. Woodstock St.
Arlington VA 22206
(703) 998-8920
http://www.erols.com/pipp/