VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2005

From:
Bill Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:41:15 -0500
Good points, Paul.

As a further caution, let me say that CDs and DVDs are susceptible to strong light and will fade if left in the sun or in a hot place. This is especially true for CDs you "burn" yourself on your computer.

That having been said, do not become a technology Troglodyte and refuse to budge. Paper products, especially those made after about the mid-19th Century, are subject to decay because of the acid content of the paper. Storing them in ordinary paper folders will only hurry the process, since the paper we use today still contains acid. Archival folders and papers are available, but costly.

Bill Cross