VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2006

From:
clay gullatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
clay gullatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:10:52 -0800
 Epson says photos made using their inks and archival photo paper will last for 70 plus years without fading. I have copied all our family's 100 plus years old photos using this, it makes great photos but is not cheap.

I would assume that printing using their black ink would last even longer.

While acid free ink pens and acid free printer paper is readily available I have seen no ads for printer ink that says it is acid free.

Of course the ultimate back up is to print all you data in book form, citing your sources and include copies of as many of your old documents and photos as you can. This is probably what all of us dream of!

Clay