VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2011

From:
James Harlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2011 10:18:19 -0700
During the 17th Century in France, the Diuguids were apparently part of the Protestant reformation that became known as the Huguenot movement. Several wars were fought, and Louis XIV persecuted the Huguenots mercilessly, and as many as 800,000 are thought to have fled France. The Diuguids received permission from the King of England to return to Scotland and re-settled in Aberdeen.http://www.phelpsfamilyhistory.com/branches/diuguid/origins.asp