VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:14:39 EDT

Does anyone have information on the two  half-brothers of Carlos Cox born
in Northumberland Co. on 17 Oct. 1803. Carlos  married Maria Louisa McCarty
and lived first in Northumberland Co., then in  Richmond County on Linden
Farm before moving to area of  Chicago (I have  plenty of material on him). I
am interested in his two older half brothers-  1)Peter Cox who moved to
Montgomery Co. KY, married Mary (?) and on 17 Feb.  1821, sold land that he had
inherited to half-brother Carlos C. Cox (No.Co.  Record Book 23, pages
109-109) and 2) James Cox who moved to Fayette Co. KY and  in 1822 appointed his
brother Peter Cox to sell land in Northumberland Co.
(No. Co. Record Book 23, pages 121-122). I THINK he married Hannah (?). The
 father of these three Cox brothers was James Cox and I do not know the
name of  his first wife. His second wife was named Elizabeth Kenner and she was
the  mother of Carlos Cox.
I  cannot trace the whereabouts or progeny of  Peter and James Cox via
Census information and would appreciate any leads with  information about them.
Bill McCarty [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823310x1201398722/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JulystepsfooterNO62)