VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2017

From:
Roger A Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2017 14:15:13 -0500
I have been chasing down the Barnett line, specifically Jesse Barnett of Goochland county Va. At present i have him living in Goochland county, Va.,
(birth), then to Granville NC., then Brunswick county Va.,(1840 census) then to Montgomery county Va. (Blacksburg). There he was still alive at age 90 on the 1880 census.

Another Jesse Barnett buried in Stewart County Tenn/Kentucky area, (now FT. Campbell Ky.), is what i believe to be the nephew or older son of My Jesse has the same mothers name listed on a death certificate as other Jesse. It is a very confusing line to follow. I have the cemetery records from Ft. Campbell where the Barnett cemetery was relocated to Indian Mound ,Tennessee around 1940(?).

Also there are many Quaker records from nearby areas that have a (Jesse) mentioned in them as far back as the late 1700's. All of the wills,
marriage records, census records, war records and a few others have the same reoccurring names listed;

       Arthanciaious
       Jesse
       John
       Thomas
       William
       Benjamin
       Samuel
All of my searching has proved to be a challenge in looking for the resting places of the Barnett families. The cemetery at Ft. Campbell is as close as
i have came to finding on a few of these people.  I would be interested in any info anyone may have. Glad to share what i have.