VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2003

From:
westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:29:16 -0400
Lee Anne,

Unfortunately, there is no such animal.  While there are some privately done
compilations of various units, especially militia, the subject is way too
wide and the US Army records have never been collated.  If you know the
state your ancestor was from, you can check for any individual rosters
there.  There were lots of reunion "camps" done on the big anniversaries
(10, 20, 30 year) --- you might find a list of attendees.  You can also
check federal pension and land bounty records --- not everyone applied, but
you never know.  Sorry I couldn't give you a more helpful answer.

Kathy Liston