VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2005

From:
Sharon Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:13:37 -0500
The Virginia Land Patent Book 9, 1695-1706, pg 19(I have not seen this
page) shows John Slaterne with 269 other persons under Ralph Wormeley with
13,500 acres of land.  Also, a John Hinton of Nansemond County is
mentioned, 145 acres lying and being part of Somerton Road, Southward of
the Little Bridge in Upper Parish of Nansemond County...

First, Is there a Virginia Land Patent Book 9?

I am not familiar with "Nansemond County"- Does anyone on the list have
knowledgde of this county?

Another transcription of Virginia Land Patent Book 9 is as follows: "John
Slaterne with 269 other persons under Ralph Wormeley with 13,500 acres of
land.. further stating Council of State give and grants unto Wormeley this
13,500 acres...lying in King and Queen County , Pamunkey Neck along
Goodin's Creek to the Pamunkey River..to the land of Dabney, land of
Langston to the land of Capt Bassett to Goodin's Creek...

Does anyone know is Lib of VA has a map of this area, dated 1695-1720 time
frame?

John Sladden,Sladding does appreat in the Saint Paul's Parish Vestry Book,
New Kent County by 1711-1720.

What books, manuscripts, etc. would I need to research in order to find out
more about this land patent, and John Slaterne, Sladding, Sladden,
especially prior to 1695

Thank you for any insights, suggestions on furthering this research.
Sharon Leonard